Supreme Court on Commercial Arbitration (Compendium of Cases 1988-2022) in 3 vols
Year: Jan 2023
Author: Dr Manoj Kumar
There has been substantial jurisprudence laid down by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the Country on Commercial Arbitration spanning over multiple statutory frameworks. There was a need to put all the significant Judgments of the Apex Court on Commercial Arbitration at one place to have a better understanding on how the law has evolved. This work in the shape of a compendium of three volumes with Judgments spanning from the year 1988 till 2022 covering Arbitration Act, 1940 and Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 aims to achieve the above objective. Following are the highlights of the compendium:
• The Judgments have been placed in ascending order beginning 1988 from Volume 1 onwards.
• To facilitate easy searching and to make the compendium more useful, four types of indexes have been provided, namely, –
(i) Subject Index
(ii) Section Index
(iii) Nominal Index
(iv) Year wise index.
• Additionally, each Judgment is supplemented with a precise head note highlighting the ratio laid down by the Hon’ble Supreme Court in each case.
• Cases have been covered under two sections namely Full Reports and Short Rulings to cover maximum number of Cases.
• Apart from CLA Citation, Parallel Citation of SCC has also been incorporated to add enhanced utility to the compendium.