Students Guide To Income Tax Including GST | Problems & Solutions
Original price Rs. 1,195.00
Current price Rs. 956.00
Author: Vinod K. Singhania , Monica Singhania
Taxmann's flagship publication for Students' on Income Tax & GST Laws with a specific focus on New Problems & Different Solutions. Besides illustrations & solved problems, it contains unsolved exercises based on the readers' queries received by the authors over the years.
This book is an authentic, up to date & amended textbook on Income Tax problems & solutions for students of CA Intermediate (May/Nov. 22), CS Executive (June/Dec. 22), CMA (June/Dec. 22), B.Com., M.Com., MBA, and other Professional Examinations.
The Present Publication is the 24th Edition, authored by Dr Vinod K. Singhania & Dr Monica Singhania.
The legal position as amended up to 10th November 2021 is given. Practical income-tax problems are solved as per the law applicable for the assessment year 2022-23. GST problems are solved as per law amended up to 10th November 2021.
The coverage of the book is as follows:
- [Provisions of Income Tax & GST along with a Guide] Section One covers provisions of Income Tax & GST along with a guide for students to update and refresh their knowledge
- [Solved Problems on Typical Contemporary Issues of Law] Section Two covers solved problems, with a 'specific emphasis on typical contemporary issues of the law in the recent years. These set of problems are unique as they have not been covered in any examination paper, nor these are found in similar print books
- [Solutions to the Problems showing the Right Approach] Section Three covers solutions to problems, similar to the unsolved exercises given in '[66th Edition] of Taxmann's Students' Guide to Income-tax including GST'. The idea behind this is to induce the students to solve the unsolved exercises on their own while they have a working model before them showing the right approach
- [66th Edition] of Taxmann's Students' Guide to Income-tax including GST
- [3rd Edition] Taxmann's CRACKER for Taxation with application-based MCQs & Integrated Case Studies
- COMBO for Textbook and Problems & Solutions
- COMBO for Textbook, Problems & Solutions, and CRACKER
The contents of this book are as follows:
- Basic concepts that one must know
- Residential status and its effect on tax incidence
- Income that is exempt from tax
- Income under the head 'Salaries' and its computation
- Income under the head 'Income from house property'
- Income under the head 'Profits and gains of business or profession' and its computation
- Income under the head 'Capital gains' and its computation
- Income under the head 'Income from other sources' and its computation
- Clubbing of income
- Set-off and carry forward of losses
- Permissible deductions from gross total income
- Meaning of agriculture income and its tax treatment
- Individuals – Computation of taxable income
- Hindu undivided families
- Firms and association of persons
- Return of income
- Advance payment of tax
- Tax deduction and collection at source
- Interest payable
- Tax Rates
Rs. 239.00/- ( 20.0%)