Compendium on The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code 2016
Author: Corporate Professionals
amended upto 01-01-2022
Compendium on the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 has been designed to provide a praccal approach by providing all the relevant informaon under each secon, the related rules, regulaons and schedules while also including the case law and other allied laws at one place. While maintaining its credibility from the previous edions, the scope of the fourth edion has been expanded covering the amendments carried out by IBC (Amendment) Act, 2020, IBC (Second Amendment) Act, 2020 and IBC (Amendment) Act, 2021.
- Text of the section of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 along with the following:
- Date on which the section was enforced.
- Relevant Rule(s) and Regulation(s) reproduced at the exact place within the sub-section/ Proviso where it is referred along with subsequent amendments.
- Subsequent Amendments
- Other Sections referred to in the Act.
- Referred provision of other law in the Act.
- Decided case law.
- To provide an overall understanding of the law, a concise commentary in the form of “Overview of the
Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016” has been provided.
- To provide a practical understanding, the book contains the procedures under the Insolvency and
Bankruptcy Code, 2016.
- To provide quick access to various important information at one place, the following easy to understand tables have been provided: -
- Enforcement Status of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- Gist of decided cases;
- Offences and penalties under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- List of Special Courts Notified under Section 435 of the Companies Act, 2013;
- List of NCLT benches
- The book provides text of the following: -
- Rules and Regulations made under the Code;
- Notifications, Orders & Circulars issued under the Code;
- Insolvency Professionals to act as Interim Resolution Professionals, Liquidators, Resolution
Professionals and Bankruptcy Trustees (Recommendations) (Second) Guidelines, 2021;
- The Sick Industrial Companies (Special Provisions) Repeal Act, 2003 as amended by the Insolvency and
Bankruptcy Code, 2016 and the Removal of Difficulties Order;
- The Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions, Insolvency Resolution and Bankruptcy of
Individuals and Partnership Firms Act, 1993;
- The Securitisation and Reconstruction of Financial Assets and Enforcement of Security Interest Act, 2002;
- The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Act, 2017