Complete Guide to Director’s Roles, Responsibilities & Liabilities
Author: Deepa Agarwal
Since the emergence of various corporate scandals in India over the past few years, there has been much attention and debate on the role of company directors. This book covers a detailed discussion on duties of directors to aid the readers in understanding the various provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 in a simple and easy to refer language.
The objective of this book is to provide a comprehensive guidance about the provisions and responsibilities of the persons who are working in the capacity of directors as well as who are proposed to get appointed as directors. It places discussion of Directorial roles, duties and liabilities in its proper context, namely, within the company organisation and with reference to the appointment process (including qualifications, disqualifications etc.) The book would also be immensely useful for company secretaries, chartered accountants and advocates.
The book has been divided into various chapters and covers various provisions relating to directors starting from the eligibility of a person to get appointed as a director in the company till the liabilities of a person as a director.
This book covers provisions relating to appointment & qualification of Directors, meetings of Board and its powers, appointment and remuneration of managerial personnel. It also provides detailed analysis of role of important Committees of the board including Audit Committee which is one of the main pillars of the Corporate Governance, Nomination and Remuneration Committee, Stakeholders Relationship Committee and CSR Committee.
- Comprehensive coverage of provisions of the Companies Act, 2013, SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 impacting the directors.
- Analysis and guidance of the key provisions relating to executive, non-executive directors, independent directors, woman directors, resident directors, CSR etc.
- Covering role of important Committees of Board including Audit Committee.
- Comprehensive coverage of offences, punishments and legal recourse available to directors.
- Covering recent amendments in Companies Act, 2013 including amendment to CSR rules, special measures taken by MCA to provide relaxations/exemptions due to COVID 19.