Critical Commentary on the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Act, 2019 and Allied Laws
Author: Chaudhary Suraj Surjit
Year: Sept. 2021
This section-based commentary attempts to highlight and analyse the various issues, problems, short-comings, lapses and merits in the Banning Act and allied laws in the backdrop of the litigation surrounding the various State/UT Acts that this new Central Act replaces. This book will be of value to anyone concerned to understand the rights and remedies under this law.
This book is an exhaustive treatise on the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Act, 2019 including -
- Detailed analysis of judicial precedents relating to the constitutional vires of Central Deposit Law and State Deposit Laws;
- Compiles and analyses various judicial precedents relating to pari materia provisions found in State Deposit Laws;
- Detailed analysis of amendments carried out in other laws, including the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act 1992, and the Reserve Bank of India Act 1934;
- Detailed analysis of related laws, including the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act 1946;
- Detailed analysis of priority of depositors qua the provisions of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016;
- Covers latest developments in law including those relating to crypto-currency;
- Covers the public consultation papers issued by the Central Government; and
- Detailed coverage of related foreign deposit related laws, including the law of United Kingdom from where important aspects have been borrowed and incorporated in the Act.