Macgillivray On Insurance Law
Author: John Birds , Ben Lynch , Simon Paul
Year: Indian Reprint - 2023
MacGillivray on Insurance Law is the established authority on non-maritime commercial insurance and risk. For over one hundred years it has been a trusted text for providing comprehensive and clear guidance through its examination of the most recent cases and legislative developments.
It covers the general principles of UK insurance law such as misrepresentation and good faith and gives a detailed examination of loss, explaining key themes like causation and the necessity for notice. It also looks at particular classes of business with commentary on third party risks and liability policies, the rights of third parties against the insurer, the rights of two or more insurers, and the law governing double insurance.
This first supplement keeps you up to date with the very latest insurance case law and legislative developments since publication of the fifteenth edition.
- Comprehensive guidance on non-maritime commercial insurance and risk through the analysis of cases and legislation.
- Detailed explanations of insurance law and its practical application are provided in three distinct sections:
- The general principles and rules concerning commercial insurance, risk, and loss.
- Different classes of business including life insurance, personal accident policies, property, motor vehicle, and aviation.
- The parties involved with chapters on insurance companies, Lloyd’s policies, and the role of agents.
- Examines the rules on the formation, drafting, and termination of insurance contracts.
- Explains the key principles of good faith, warranties, and the duty of disclosure.
- Advises on the Insurance Act 2015 as it comes into effect, the changes to the law, and the consequences on disputes concerning the new law.
- Defines insurance and insurable interest.
- Looks at issues of fraud, misrepresentation, and non-disclosure by third parties.
- Outlines how insurance policies are constructed while explaining the meaning of words and addressing inconsistencies in phrasing.
- Covers the rules of payment, renewal, and non-payment of premiums.
- Analyses the rights of two or more insurers and third party rights.
- Comparison of English law with Scotland, the USA and the Commonwealth.
#InsuranceLaw #RiskManagement #MacGillivrayBook #CommercialInsurance #insurance #UKInsurance #GoodFaithPrinciples #LossExamination #DoubleInsurance #ThirdPartyRisks #LiabilityPolicies #InsuranceContracts #InsuranceAct2015 #InsurableInterest #FraudInInsurance #Misrepresentation #NonDisclosure #LegalDefinitions #PremiumPaymentRules #LloydsPolicies #LegalComparisons #9789395696562