Money Laundering: Prevention, Law & Practice
Author: Abhijeet Sharma
Money Laundering: Prevention, Law & Practice by Abhijeet Sharma is an authoritative and comprehensive treatise on the law relating to the prevention of money laundering, which is a problem of great magnitude internationally and has long-term negative economic impacts.
This book provides an excellent assessment of the basic concepts of the subject and the stages of the money-laundering process have been dealt with in great details with appropriate examples. It also covers the steps taken by various regional and international organisations to curb money laundering. There is thorough examination of newly emerging concept of cyber-laundering, virtual currency and digital payment systems with risks posed by them and steps taken at International and National level in this regard.
Section-wise commentary on Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002, along with relevant Rules, covering all the pertinent reported judgments till-date has been included. No other book has examined as much case laws pertaining to PMLA with comprehensive and pin-pointed headnotes, to expound the various aspects of the topic, making the book a must-have for the legal professionals. The book also examines the anti-money laundering guidelines issued by the Reserve Bank of India and the Securities and Exchange Board of India; and incorporates the rules issued under the PMLA.
1. Section-wise commentary on PMLA, 2002, along with relevant Rules, covering all the pertinent reported judgments till-date;
2. Extensive coverage of the novel concept of cyber-laundering, virtual currency and digital payment systems with risks posed by them and steps taken at the International and National level in this regard;
3. Role of various statutory & regulatory bodies such as RBI, SEBI, IRDAI and the An-ti-Money Laundering Guidelines, Circulars & Notifications issued by them;
4. Money Laundering in various other sectors such as NGOs/NPOs, Sports, Trade-based money laundering, Real estate sector etc. has also been dealt with in details;
5. Role of Accountants & Legal Professionals in curbing money laundering along with Guidelines for them;
6. Steps were taken by various International & Regional organizations to combat money laundering.
With all the above salient features, this is a most authoritative book, within the shortest compass and a full-fledged commentary on the subject. The lucid way the work has been compiled would benefit both the Bench and the Bar. The book shall also be enlightening for students of law and legal professionals who are torchbearers of the nation
Tags: #moneylaundering #pmla #laundering #books #mandJ