Motor Vehicles Laws In Maharashtra
Author: A. K. Gupte's
* The Maharashtra Vehicle Act 1988
* The Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
* The Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989
* The Maharashtra Motor Vehicles Tax Act
* The Bombay Motor Vehicles Tax Rules 1959
* The Maharashtra Motor Vehicles (Taxation of Passengers) Act
* The Bombay Motor Vehicles (Taxation of Passengers) Rules, 1958
* The Maharashtra Motor Vehicles (Regulations for School Buses) Rules, 2011
* Important Circulars and Notifications.
* Central Motor Vehicle Rules facilitating implementation of Electronic Enforcement, Maintenance of Vehicular Documents through Information Technology portal w.e.f 01-10-2020.
* Use of handheld communication devices while driving allowed solely for route navigation.
* Vehicular documents found validated through electronic means shall not be demanded in physical forms for inspection.
* Drivers can now produce documents for inspection on government authorised portal such as m-parivahan, digilocker.