R.V. Kelkar's Criminal Procedure
Author: Revised by K.N. Chandrasekharan Pillai
This classic work provides an interesting study of the fundamental principles of criminal procedure in a logical sequence. The topic wise treatment of the subject along with references to academic writings and the judicial decisions makes the study of criminal procedure meaningful and comprehensible.
The author has incorporated all recent developments in the field of criminal procedure since the publication of the last edition in 2014.
The following are the unique features of the book:
- An illuminating overview by distinguished Prof. BB Pande.
- Latest case laws including the cases of Sriharan (2016) and Sushila Aggarwal (2020) have been incorporated at appropriate places in the book.
- Amendments made by Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018 are included.
- Probing the Problems has been included at the end of the book; it contains points for classroom discussion.
- A new feature: Suggested Readings, has been added. This is a compilation of selected articles indexed on SCC Online® from the various Law Review Journals.
The author has also drawn attention to some ticklish aspects of the Code with a view to foster new thinking in the light of new developments so that criminal procedure law may grow in tune with the times.