Relevancy, Proof and Evaluation of Evidence in Criminal Cases
Author : Justice U L Bhat
Year : July 2020
Mere reading of a treatise on a subject like the Law of Evidence does not give a comprehensive insight about the subtleties or the purpose of rules relating to relevancy, admissibility and generation of belief in the mind of the triers of the fact. Experience according to James FitzJames Stephan gives by degrees, in favourable cases, a comprehensive acquaintance with the principles of the law with which a practitioner is conversant. This book is the outcome of the deep understanding and knowledge of the author on the nuances of the Law of Evidence, which he gained as a lawyer, Judge and Educator.
The topics are arranged in such a way that it would be easy for a practitioner to locate the exact point which is relevant in any given circumstance. The index and appendices are also arranged in such a fashion that the book would be a convenient handbook for lawyers, judges, and students of Law. Apart from being a handy guide for the practitioner, the distinctiveness of this work is the treatment of the topics relating to evaluation of testimonial and documentary evidence, particularly shedding light on the question of proof, explicitly the generation of belief in the trier of the fact on facts which are pivotal to adjudication in a given case.
- Covers emerging issues as well as legislative developments
- Focuses on the developments made in the law relating to criminal law since the last publication.
- Contains and discusses in detail the Criminal Law Amendment 2013 and 2018.
- Contains critical appraisal of judgments of the Indian Courts that have led to the change and development in the legal position.
- Major landmark and important judgements have been incorporated.
Tags: #9789389991239 #evidence