Sarkar on Specific Relief Act
Author: Sudipto Sarkar
Edition: Sept 2020
Sarkar Specific Relief Act, a legal classic, is a section-wise commentary on the Specific Relief Act. The fact that this book has entered into its 18th edition speaks volumes about the undisputed quality and standard of this work and its undiminished appeal which has only grown with the passage of time. The book provides a brilliant exposition of the subject; examining the law relating to specific relief in India as well as treatment on specific performance, declaratory suits and possession of property. English law has been referred wherever relevant and a comparative analysis with foreign jurisdictions has also been captured. The present edition has been meticulously revised and updated in light of important decisions of the Supreme Court and High Courts reported since publication of the last edition as well as the legislative developments such as the Specific Relief Amendment Act, 2018.
* Content has been thoroughly revised and updated
* Includes important decisions of the Supreme Court and High Courts
* Key legislative developments such as the Specific Relief Amendment Act, 2018 have been duly incorporated
* English law has been referred wherever relevant and select judgments from foreign jurisdictions have also been captured
* Provides a comparative view of the law prevalent in India viz a viz other jurisdictions.
* Comprehensive treatment on specific performance, declaratory suits and possession of property
* Detailed analysis on provisions relating to specific performance of contract; rectification of instruments; rescission of contracts; cancellation of instruments; declaratory decrees; and injunctions.
Tags: #lexisnexis #specificrelief #9789389991307 #sarkar